The global automotive industry is currently facing difficult challenges to deliver vehicles "Better", "Faster" and "Cheaper". Accelerated new model launches and shrinking product lifecycles have severely disturbed amortization plans to recover new vehicle development costs which poses an immediate need for the optimization of the product development process. As product development testing plays an important role in the development cycle and constitutes significant New Product Introduction time frame, it becomes a crucial component to be considered while streamlining the new product introduction process.
WTM's Automotive Group has developed a business solution framework which helps in addressing various challenges being faced by the product testing teams of the automotive organization in a comprehensive seamless fashion. It is an end-to-end automotive test lifecycle management solution, which spans right from test request initiation to final test report generation and publishing.
Key Features of Business Solution Framework
- Single comprehensive IT system to manage all test labs of an OEM
- Automation of the full testing process using a role based workflow approach
- Gives appropriate test data management system which helps reliable acquisition, processing, storing, archiving and query of all test data
- Provides flexible report generation in compliance with country specific regulatory requirements
- Facilitates smooth integration with other collaborative systems
- Allows efficient collaboration among various globally spread product development and testing centers of an OEM
Benefits of Business Solution Framework
The framework helps in reducing the overall time taken to complete the test lifecycle and also decrease cost by streamlining and standardizing the entire process. It also helps in providing higher utilization of costly testing resources, both physical as well as human resources, and improves the overall productivity level by simplifying tedious activities and cuts down on redundant and non-value added activities.